We Are Diabetes is a non-profit organization devoted to providing much needed support, education, guidance and hope to individuals living with type 1 diabetes who struggle with disordered eating behaviors. Family members and loved ones of those who are struggling are also welcome and encouraged to reach out to our organization.
Services offered by We Are Diabetes include:
- Referrals to credible providers and treatment centers across the United States.
- One-on-one mentorship and guidance through the recovery process.
- Support for both the individual who is struggling as well as their family and loved ones.
- Unique resources designed specifically for the ED-DMT1 population.
- Education for healthcare professionals.
If you or someone you know is living with type 1 diabetes and an eating disorder, we are here to provide support and to answer questions for you or your loved one. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
The We Are Diabetes Recovery Toolkit was created for any individual working towards recovery from ED-DMT1 (sometimes referred to as "diabulimia"). Check it out here.
Check out our resources to learn more about the unique combination of type 1 diabetes and an eating disorder.